Many manufacturers of steel and aluminium structures or structural components still have a lot of doubts about EN 1090.
Typical questions include:
- Does this new standard even affect me?
- If it does, what processes does it affect?
- What new standards do i have to comply with?
- What class should i be in?
- What happens if i don’t comply by June 2014?
- How do i go about certification?
We created this guideline to help you answer these and other questions.
It guides you through the general formalities and then looks at the precise specifications for each thermal process - from cutting and welding through holing and shaping to preheating and heat treatment.
NB: when other standards are referenced, please see those specific standards for details. This guide focuses on EN 1090 only.