Slide background

User Guide Directive 2005/36/EC

ID 10311 | | Visite: 2626 | NewsPermalink:

Temi: News

User guide

User Guide Directive 2005/36/EC

All you need to know about recognition of professional qualifications

This guide uses a simple Q&A format to explain your rights when you want to have your professional qualifications recognised in another EU country.

You should first check if Directive 2005/36/EC applies to you by reading the questions and answers under point I.

If this is the case, you should then ask yourself if you wish to practise your profession in another Member State either temporarily or permanently (see question 13). In fact, the rules of the Directive are not the same for the two cases:

- if you want to practise your profession temporarily in another Member State, see point II.A
- if you want to establish yourself permanently in another Member State, see point II.B.

The rules of the Directive differ depending on the profession. There are three main categories of profession:

- professions for which minimum training requirements were introduced across the EU: doctor, nurse responsible for general care, dental practitioner, veterinary surgeon, midwife, pharmacist and architect. These professions are referred to here as ‘sectoral professions’
- professions in the fields of trade, industry or business referred to in Annex IV to Directive 2005/36/EC
- all other professions, referred to here as ‘general system professions’.

You should therefore check what rules apply to the profession you are qualified for and which profession you wish to practise in another EU country. Point II explains the different rules.

Last but not least, you can find information on practical issues such as costs, appeals, language skills and who to contact if there is a problem under points III, IV, V and VII respectively.



Scarica questo file (User Guide Directive 2005 36 EC.pdf)User Guide Directive 2005/36/ECEU 03.2020EN613 kB(138 Downloads)

Tags: News