Approved Code of Practice addressed to all dutyholders under the Regulations, eg users, owners, competent persons, designers, manufacturers, importers, suppliers and installers of pressure systems. Reflects pertinent issues such as:
- design and construction; provision of information and marking;
- installation; safe operating limits;
- matters concerning the written scheme of examination; imminent danger action;
- maintenance; modification/repair;
- record keeping; and specific precautions preventing pressurisation of certain vessels.
Other legalities cited include: defence; power to grant exemptions; exceptions to Regulations; modification of duties when pressure systems are supplied by way of lease, hire or other arrangements; and marking of pressure vessels. Contains a user/owner 'decision tree' aid.