The declaration of conformity shows the EU directives which apply to electrodischarge machines (EDM) and to which the equipment complies with, must include at least the following:
EU directives which apply to electrodischarge machine
The machine should comply with all the applicable directives and these should be mentioned in the declaration of conformity.
The infringement of a single directive results in the non-conformity of the machine to EC requirements.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance to specify which directives apply to each machine and to conduct a declaration of conformity that includes all the necessary information. Directives which apply to electro-discharge machines include:
- Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC)
- Low Voltage Directive (2006/95/EC)1
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (2004/108/EC)
Additionally the manufacturer should (voluntarily) refer to the harmonized standards used for the conformity assessment, such as:
- EN ISO 28881:2013 Machine tools - Safety - Electro-discharge machines
- EN ISO 28881:2013/AC:2013
- EN ISO 12100:2011 Safety of machinery - General principles for design - Risk assessment and risk reduction