EN IEC 60947-1:2021 Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear – Part 1: General rules
This document applies, when required by the relevant product standard, to low-voltage switchgear and controlgear hereinafter referred to as "equipment" or “device” and intended to be connected to circuits, the rated voltage of which does not exceed 1 000 V AC or 1 500 V DC.
This document states the general rules and common safety requirements for low-voltage switchgear and controlgear, including:
- information supplied with the equipment;
- normal service, mounting and transport conditions, decommissioning and dismantling;
- constructional and performance requirements;
- verification of characteristics and performance;
- energy efficiency aspects (see Annex V);
- environmental aspects.
This document does not apply to:
- low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies which are dealt with in IEC 61439 series, as applicable;
- terminals for connection of aluminium conductors;
NOTE Terminals for aluminium conductors are under consideration for the next revision.
- use within explosive atmospheres (see IEC 60079 series);
- software and firmware requirements for functional safety application (see IEC 61508-3);
- cyber security aspects (see IEC 62443 series).
Preview EN IEC 60947-1:2021 attached