Multilateral Agreement M310
Multilateral Agreement Under paragraph 1.5.1 of ADR, concerning the transport of UN 2672 ammonia solution in rigid and composite IBCs
1. By derogation from the requirements of section 126.96.36.199, IBC03, UN 2672 ammonia solution with up to but not more than 35% ammonia may also be carried in rigid or composite plastics IBCs of types 31H1, 31H2 and 31HZ1.
2. The IBC shall be provided with a device to allow venting during carriage. The inlet to the venting device shall be sited in the vapour space of the IBC under maximum filling conditions during carriage and shall meet the provisions of section 188.8.131.52 of ADR.
3. The IBC (s) shall only be carried in an 'open vehicle' as defined in chapter 1.2.1 of ADR.
4. This derogation shall not be applicable to carriage through the Channel Tunnel.
5. The consignor shall enter in the transport document: "Carriage agreed under the terms of section 1.5.1 of ADR (M310)"
6. This agreement shall be valid until 31 January 2022 for the carriage on the territories of those ADR Contracting Parties signatory to this agreement. If it is revoked before then by one of the signatories, it shall remain valid until the above mentioned date only for carriage on the territories ofthose ADR Contracting Parties signatory to this agreement which have not revoked it.
Dublin, 25 January, 2018
For the Competent Authority in Ireland for ADR
Date of expiry: 1 February 2022 (corrected)
Multilateral Agreement in English
Explanatory letter in English