Accordo multilaterale M295
Carriage of pre-production prototypes of large Lithium-ion batteries assemblies (UN 3480)
Multilateral Agreement M295 under section 1.5.1 of ADR concerning the carriage of lithium cells and batteries of production runs, consisting of not more than 100 cells and batteries, or pre-production prototypes of cells and batteries carried for testing (UN 3090-3091-3480- 3481)
1. By derogation from the provisions of 3.3.1 special provision 310 of ADR, lithium cells and batteries or lithium cells and batteries contained in equipment. assigned to UN 3090, 3091, 3480, or 3481 as appropriate, of production runs, consisting of not more than 100 cells and batteries, or pre-production prototypes of cells and batteries carried for testing may be carried without application of the testing requirements in the Manual of Tests and Criteria, part III subsection 38.3, when packed according to the packing instruction described in the appendix,
provided these cells and batteries are not damaged or carried for disposal.
2. Damaged or defective cells and batteries, or cells and batteries contained in equipment shall be carried in accordance with special provision 376 and packaged in accordance with packing instructions P908 of 188.8.131.52 or LP904 of 184.108.40.206, as applicable.
3. Cells, batteries or cells and batteries contained in equipment carried for disposal or recycling may be packaged in accordance with special provision 377 and packing instruction P909 of 220.127.116.11.
4. The consignor shall enter in the transport document "Carriage agreed under the terms of section 1.5.1 of ADR (M295)
5. This agreement shall be valid until 31 December 2016 for the carriage on the territories of those ADR Contracting Parties signatory to this Agreement. If it is revoked before that date by one of the signatories, it shall remain valid until the above mentioned date only for carriage on the territories of those ADR Contracting Parties signatory to this Agreement which have not revoked it.
Done in Paris, on February 1st. 2016
The competent authority for ADR in France
Pour la ministre par delegation:
L'ingenieur general des mines,